Jobs at BreadHive
Currently Hiring: Café Pastry + Front End Position
This position is for our Connecticut Street location. You will spend your days in a fast-paced environment, while enthusiastically delivering great service to our
customers/investors as well as support our brand and mission. You will join a
worker-focused team where work is fun, giving our customers an exceptional
experience. This position will focus primarily on pastry production with
some additional front end job tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Prepare baked goods neatly and in a timely manner for both the café and contract orders
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following standard recipes given
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
- Assisting customers in their selections, through full knowledge of all menu items
- Processing sales transactions at the register.
- Maintaining the café's appearance by straightening, cleaning, and replenishing as needed.
- Receiving and restocking of deliveries as needed using proper inventory rotation.
- Efficient use of the POS system and knowledge of BreadHive’s baking process.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work days and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Positive attitude
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience in a pastry focused field is preferred
Starting wage $11/hour with growth opportunities. BreadHive is a worker owned cooperative which means that many of the workers are actually equal owners in the business. Employees have the option to potentially pursue an ownership track!
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
Women/POC/LGBT+ people encouraged to apply. Please send your current resume and an introduction to yourself to: firstname.lastname@example.org